- – 4th Amendment
- – Appellate Practice
- – Assault & Affray
- – Bail
- – Criminal Law
- – Ethics
- – Evidence
- – HG 8-505 & Sentencing
- – Jury Instructions
- – Notes and Forms
- – Plea Agreements
- – Pretrial
- – Public Interest
- – Traffic Offenses
- — B.B.'s. Brief Briefs
- — The Western Maryland Law Journal
- —- James Malone
- —- Michael Stankan
- —- Paul Notarianni
- Invocation of Counsel
- Lay Opinion; Moreland v. State.
- License Plate Lamp and 4th Amendment.
- Nol Pro & STETs on Appeal. LaFavre v. State
- Violation of Probation: Motion to Dismiss for Violation of MD Rule 4-347 (a)
- Md Crim. Pro Section 5-213.1 Violation of Pre-Trial Release Conditions
- Pickpocket v. Robbery. Cooper v. State.
- Failure to Grant a Jury Instruction
- Voluntariness of Guilty Plea
- K-9 Alert Not Sufficient to Search Occupants. State v. Wallace.
- Officer Cannot Stick Head in Car Window to take a Sniff. State v. Grant.
- Prosecutorial Misconduct in Plea Bargain Sentencing. Miller v. State
- Petition to Return Seized Animal
- Suppress Identification
- Frisking Car Passengers. Norman v. State
- Other Crimes Evidence and Witnesses. Sessoms v. State.
- Quick Reference of Impeachable Offenses
- Motion to Dismiss Due to Speedy Trial
- Victim Impact Statement. Ball v. State
- When Traffic Stop = Seizure. Ferris v. State
- Traffic Stop for Window Tint. Turkes v. State
- Plea Agreement: Binding v. Non-Binding
- “The Court Refuses to Honor my Appeal. What do I do now ?!?!”
- Passenger Standing and Terry. Arizona v. Johnson.
- Illegal Deferred Sentence. Montgomery v. State.
- PBJ and Subsequent Offender Status
- Interlocutory Criminal Appeal: Denied Motion to Enforce Plea Agreement
- Enforcement of Plea Agreement: “But I did what they told me to do…”
- Proposed Jury Instructions for Motor Vehicle Offenses
- Never Having a License as Defense to DWS/DWR. State v. Sullivan
- Mistake of Fact Jury Instruction. General v. State
- No Declared Stingrays in Allegany County
- Is 4th Degree Burglary Impeachable?
- Imperfect Self-Defense Jury Instruction
- Elements of Affray and defenses. Dashiell v. State.
- Standard for Preventative Detention. Wheeler v. State.
- STETs are Plea Agreements. State v. Thompson.
- DWS Mens Rea. State v. McCallum.
- Considering Other Pending Cases at Bail. Bigley v. Warden of Maryland Correctional Facility for Women.
- Spreadsheets = Hearsay. Davies v State.
- Fourth Amendment Outline
- Quick Reference: Case Search Codes
- Maryland Authorities on Lawyers and Social Media
- Cross-Reference of Maryland Traffic Offenses
- The Justice Reinvestment Act’s Impact on 8-505
- The Western Maryland Law Journal
- Defense Access to Police Personnel File
- Notes and Forms: Health General Sections 8-505; 8-506; and 8-507
- Intro to Death Penalty Voir Dire
- Notes and Forms: Defending School Truancy Cases in the District Court of Maryland
- Welcome! Site Information
Tag Archives: Motion to dismiss
Violation of Probation: Motion to Dismiss for Violation of MD Rule 4-347 (a)
Below is an excerpt for a motion to dismiss a petition to violate probation on the basis for failing to articulate the nature of the violation. It was drafted by Paul J. Notarianni in 2019. Maryland Rule 4-347 (a) states, … Continue reading
Posted in - Criminal Law, ---- Paul Notarianni Tagged 4-347, failure to state a claim, Motion to dismiss, violation of probation Comments Off on Violation of Probation: Motion to Dismiss for Violation of MD Rule 4-347 (a)
Motion to Dismiss Due to Speedy Trial
Motion to Dismiss Due to Speedy Trial Below is a redacted argument section from a motion to dismiss due to Speedy Trial. It was drafted in 2014 by Paul J. Notarianni. Argument The charging document in this matter ought … Continue reading
Posted in - Criminal Law, - Notes and Forms, - Pretrial, ---- Paul Notarianni Tagged 288 Md. 61, 298 Md. 565, 356 Md. 379, 407 U.S. 514, Barker v. Wingo, Brady v. State, Criminal, Divver v. State, law, Maryland, Motion to dismiss, pre, speedy trial, State v. Gee, trial, Western Maryland Advocate Comments Off on Motion to Dismiss Due to Speedy Trial