- – 4th Amendment
- – Appellate Practice
- – Assault & Affray
- – Bail
- – Criminal Law
- – Ethics
- – Evidence
- – HG 8-505 & Sentencing
- – Jury Instructions
- – Notes and Forms
- – Plea Agreements
- – Pretrial
- – Public Interest
- – Traffic Offenses
- — B.B.'s. Brief Briefs
- — The Western Maryland Law Journal
- —- James Malone
- —- Michael Stankan
- —- Paul Notarianni
- Failure to Grant a Jury Instruction
- Voluntariness of Guilty Plea
- K-9 Alert Not Sufficient to Search Occupants. State v. Wallace.
- Officer Cannot Stick Head in Car Window to take a Sniff. State v. Grant.
- Prosecutorial Misconduct in Plea Bargain Sentencing. Miller v. State
- Petition to Return Seized Animal
- Suppress Identification
- Frisking Car Passengers. Norman v. State
- Other Crimes Evidence and Witnesses. Sessoms v. State.
- Quick Reference of Impeachable Offenses
- Motion to Dismiss Due to Speedy Trial
- Victim Impact Statement. Ball v. State
- When Traffic Stop = Seizure. Ferris v. State
- Traffic Stop for Window Tint. Turkes v. State
- Plea Agreement: Binding v. Non-Binding
- “The Court Refuses to Honor my Appeal. What do I do now ?!?!”
- Passenger Standing and Terry. Arizona v. Johnson.
- Illegal Deferred Sentence. Montgomery v. State.
- PBJ and Subsequent Offender Status
- Interlocutory Criminal Appeal: Denied Motion to Enforce Plea Agreement
- Enforcement of Plea Agreement: “But I did what they told me to do…”
- Proposed Jury Instructions for Motor Vehicle Offenses
- Never Having a License as Defense to DWS/DWR. State v. Sullivan
- Mistake of Fact Jury Instruction. General v. State
- No Declared Stingrays in Allegany County
- Is 4th Degree Burglary Impeachable?
- Imperfect Self-Defense Jury Instruction
- Elements of Affray and defenses. Dashiell v. State.
- Standard for Preventative Detention. Wheeler v. State.
- STETs are Plea Agreements. State v. Thompson.
- DWS Mens Rea. State v. McCallum.
- Considering Other Pending Cases at Bail. Bigley v. Warden of Maryland Correctional Facility for Women.
- Spreadsheets = Hearsay. Davies v State.
- Fourth Amendment Outline
- District Court Basic Forms and Pleas
- Quick Reference: Case Search Codes
- Maryland Authorities on Lawyers and Social Media
- Cross-Reference of Maryland Traffic Offenses
- The Justice Reinvestment Act’s Impact on 8-505
- The Western Maryland Law Journal
- Defense Access to Police Personnel File
- Notes and Forms: Health General Sections 8-505; 8-506; and 8-507
- Intro to Death Penalty Voir Dire
- Notes and Forms: Defending School Truancy Cases in the District Court of Maryland
- Welcome! Site Information
Tag Archives: District court
Article by Paul J. Notarianni This article is a collection of forms a practitioner could use if they feel their notice of appeal was wrongly stricken. The Court Refuses to Honor my Appeal What do I do now
This piece contains some of the basics for criminal practice in the District Court of Maryland. The forms and plea litany in this document are bare bones; Entry of Appearance, Discovery, Jury Trial Prayer, Chemist Demand, Bond Review, Appeal, etc. They are … Continue reading
ABSTRACT: The 2016 Justice Reinvestment Act includes some drastic changes to Health General Sections 8-505 and 8-507. This article is a supplement piece to a prior article on Health General Relief. It highlights the portions of the Justice Reinvestment … Continue reading
Notes and Forms Article by Paul J. Notarianni ABSTRACT: In a criminal matter, a sentencing judge has the power to order a defendant into the custody of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to receive substance abuse treatment, rather … Continue reading
Notes and Forms article by Paul J. Notarianni. ABSTRACT: This article is a collection of notes and draft forms regarding criminal defense of charges brought against parents for compulsory school attendance violations (Maryland Education Article 7-301) Some of the more … Continue reading